Saturday 2 January 2016

My Interview with Singer/Songwriter, YBNL artist, Adekunle Gold


Today we have the pleasure of interviewing, fast rising Afrobeats sensation, the very talented Adekunle Gold aka Mr Orente. 



Stay tuned as he talks about his passion for music, how he got signed to 'YBNL' and he also reveals his celebrity crush and much more !!!!


Can you tell us who Adekunle Gold is?


''Adekunle Gold is Kosoko Adekunle , a singer and songwriter.''



What age did you start singing and have you always wanted to be a musician?



''I started singing at about age 10 and yea I have always wanted to be a musician. ''



You are signed to Olamide’s record Label, YBNL; tell us how you met Olamide and how you got signed to the label?



''I have known Olamide for a bit during my King of Photoshop days. Olamide liked my designs, so he hit me up to do some for him and other YBNL artists (Lil Kesh and Viktoh) . After I released Sade, He got interested in my music and he asked that we meet to talk about my music. He then mentioned that he'd love for me to be on the label (YBNL). ''





What were you doing before you were signed to YBNL?



'' I was a graphic artist and I was making music too.''



 You released your first single 'Sade' last year and it became an instant hit. I remember when I first heard the song, I fell in love with it immediately and I'm sure a lot of people would say the same. So what was the inspiration behind the song and were you expecting 'Sade' to get that much recognition?


'' The song '' Sade'' is my story. I was chasing a girl named Sade back in 2012. I decided to write about it in 2014 when i needed to release a song. It's a cover of ''story of my life'' by One Direction. I didn't think song will be big, I just released it like every other cover.''



 Has anyone ever broken your heart before?


'' Yes.''



I feel like a lot of people can relate to ‘SADE’s story-line, because some people have been in that kind of situation before and some are still there, so what advice would you give someone that has been trying to win over someone’s heart but the person is on a long ting (lol)?



'' Lol, well, keep trying till you are tired of trying ! Haha.'' 



You released your second single ‘Orente’ this year and once again you blew everyone away with that song. First can you tell your non-Nigerian fans what ‘Orente' means and what inspired you to write that song?



     'Orente is a name for short girls in Yoruba language. I took the name from a story my late grandmother told me. I decided to give ''Orente'' a new meaning '' Good and loyal girl''. I wrote the song to praise good women because there are to many songs about b*itches, but not many talking about the good women.''





Where do you draw inspiration from when you write songs?


'' I get inspired by anything; someone's ordeal or a personal experience.''


A lot of people have criticized ’Orente’ for sounding very similar to Sade, what is your take on that?



'' That's a first, no one ever said that to me tbh. They are different.'' 

How would you describe your sound?


'' My sound is Urban High-life. It's a fusion of Pop, Folk and High-life.''

Is there anyone you would love to collaborate with, that you haven’t worked with?


'' I'd love to work with Asa.''




Are you planning on releasing an album soon?



'' By God's grace next year, I'll be releasing my first album.''

If you could be anything else apart from a musician, what would it be?


'' A brand developer, as a matter of fact, I am a brand developer as well.''


What advice would you give some of your fans that are looking to go into music?



'' Don't stop doing what you love. Don't let anyone tell you that you can't do it.''



If you could take any female celebrity out on a date, who would it be and where would you take her?


'' Adesua Etomi. I would take her to Seychelles. *love struck* ''




What is the craziest rumor you have heard about yourself?



'' That I am a chronic smoker because my lips are black; me that I can't even smoke paper. lol''

If you were to make dinner for me, what would you prepare?


'' Jollof rice and lots of beef.''

Would you rather be 'rich or famous'? You have to choose one


'' RICH, who famous?  help lol ''


@Ndani TV


Ok, Ladies this is the question you all have been waiting for, Mr Adekunle Gold are you taken or are you single and ready to mingle




'' I'm taken.................by my work :D ''


Can you tell us one thing we do not know about you


'' I am a shy guy.''


What can we expect from Adekunle Gold in 2016?



'' An album.'' 



We would like to say a huge thank you to 
Mr. Adekunle Gold for this wonderful interview.

You can find him on Twitter and Instagram:
ADEKUNLEGOLD 

You can follow me on Instagram @queenies_blog 
& Twitter @qmissy 

Watch the video to his latest hit song
''Pick Up'' & make sure you 

14 comments:

  1. Thanks Queen Phillips for this interview .. i love Sade

    ReplyDelete
  2. great interview. keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this guy, he is so different... i just love him

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love him sha... he deserved that award sha

    ReplyDelete
  5. This whole drama that is now happening, sheshhhhhh, but i am Team ADEKUNLE all the every day

    ReplyDelete
  6. dekunle!.... #crazylove4youman*

    ReplyDelete
  7. sarah animashaun2 January 2016 at 18:15

    I JUST LOVE HIM, BUT WHY THAT GIRL , SHE NOT EVEN FINE MCHEW

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adekunle will you marry me please

    ReplyDelete
  9. amazing interview.

    ReplyDelete

Be the first to see the latest posts!!!